First Wild Daffodil

This is the first Wild Daffodil Narcissus pseudonarcissus in my garden County Durham. Beautiful, and what a gorgeous scent. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,243

Nice Jim 

Springimage

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 751

Yeah! image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,691

I love the real wild daffodils - we had them on the farm when I was a child - I am going to get some for this garden, I am I am image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,478

Lovely.  I must go up into the woods to look as there are loads of wild ones round here.

Dovefromabove wrote (see)

I love the real wild daffodils - we had them on the farm when I was a child - I am going to get some for this garden, I am I am image

You can buy them now 'in the green'. I got mine from Naturescape though they are a lot cheaper in Autumn. I first tried to buy them in Autumn when I moved in as, well, they're Daffs aren't they? Out of 220 I have one poking up out of the lawn. Needless to say I didn't buy anything from them again. So I bought in the green after that. I tend to buy some every year as I can never quite get my head around how many you need. I bought them in Autumn from Naturescape 500 bulbs for £89.00 and they seem to be doing well and it's much easier to plant them in autumn when you can just dig a hole and lob em in. image But if you can't wait then get ordering. image

• hollie hockhollie hock Posts: 3,344

They are pretty, not really seen the wild type before

They're much nicer and they have a gorgeous scent.