What are these?

Can anyone tell me what these are please?

I was removing an old plant from a pot and found these. I only thought I had Daffs and Tulips in the pots but I don't think they are either of these as there are no signs of any growth.

• kjdintownkjdintown Posts: 42

I'd love to say I know, but I can't help I'm afraid.  Under the outer cover they do seem to have slilght ridges (see the right one - like three doughnuts on top of one another), the only thing I have in my garden like that are cocosmia tubers which sit very near the surface, maybe they are related in some way?

I do want to know now so hopefully a guru will reply to you image

• they are lumpy all over. I have planted them up so will see what happens

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

Is there any chance that they're freesias?

• h2h2 Posts: 1

they do look like freesias

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Not loke the freesia bulbs I have which are slim and pointed with smooth silky ousides and golden! But I do have a good bulb book so will go and do some research as I have worked too hard in the garden today.

Could they be some kind of lily as they do not seem to have any protective coat?

• Thank you all. I don't remember planting anything so now will wait and see if they come up where I have planted them

Here is a picture of my freesia bulbs.  They are about an inch long.  How big are the mystery bulbs?

• an inch to one and a half inches

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

Freesia bulbs can be much darker, as here (freesia laxa):