I am newbie here

Hi, everyone,

This is James, and I am a newbie here and also for the gardening.

I am interested in gardening and want to learn from you guys.

By the way, I am from China.image

I want to make more friends here.

Thanks.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,551

Hello, James.

What part of China are you from? What is your garden like?

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • I am from Hangzhou city which is closed to Shanghai. The east part of China.

My garden is not good, so I want to learn to build up and look at your nice garden.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,054

James, that is interesting - a friend of ours is travelling in the far east and China at the moment, and sending us photos of gardens and fields of growing crops.

Can you show us some photos of your garden?  What sort of plants do you like to grow?  Do you want to grow vegetables to eat, or do you want to grow ornamental plants and flowers?

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi, Dove, how are you. In China, not everyone get a garden in their yards. Population is the problem. Tomorrow will try to send some picture of my yard. I cannot say it is garden, I just plant some trees, like plum blossom, pomelo tree, bamboo and all Chinese plants.

And we also grow some vegetables to eat, like cabbage, tomatoes, potatoes and normal ones, maybe later I can show you something only in China.

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

That is a very attractive garden James.

• Thanks a lot. I think I will take some photos for you. And Iater I can give you something only in China. Hope you will interest in.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,054

James - great photos thank you for sharing them with us - my last home was in the city centre with only a tiny shady yard, but we grew lots of vegetables in pots, baskets and boxes - creative thinking is the answer image

Now I have a bigger garden and more time so I can grow more.  I enjoy growing flowers and shrubs, but I also enjoy growing fruit and vegetable - it is very satisfying to give your family food which you have grown yourself. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi James, lovely garden, I am new here too and everyone has been very friendly and helpfulimage

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Jameslu, those trees are very graceful. I love growing vegetables, soft fruit like gooseberries and black currents, and lots of flowers, especially roses.

How cold does it get in the winter where you are? and how hot in the summer?

Where I am in the East of England, the temperature does not usually go very far below freezing, though we can have some surprising winters.image