Forum home Talkback

MONTY DON...disparu encore une fois?

No @TheMontyDon this morning.  Has Monty gone from Twitter for good?  I wonder who spoiled it for us.  And just when the new gardening season is about to begin... Seems to me a good idea to have touch with followers when you have an international audience.  Just sign me...Sad in Canada.

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

I was following him on twitter, but I didn't see much point as he says he won't answer horticulture questions anyway. Christine Walkden is much better to follow.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,567

I'm always suspicious of first posters that come on with a whine. I fear they may be trying for a stir up. I apologise if this is not the case but am pressing the ignore button. Goodbye

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

image Nut, I agree 

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,069

I don't think Twitter is exactly Monty's cup of tea and he has had some fierce criticism for things he's posted.   As spring is very much on its way and his garden has been flooded again this winter I rather suspect he has better things to do with his time.  I know I do and I don't have deadlines to meet to prepare for broadcasts or write revenue earning articles and books for a living.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Reported.

• Not a "nut", just one of Monty's 31,000-or-so followers who had built up a friendly community.  Not necessary to be insulting about a first poster.  Have followed forums and subscribed to GW for many years.  I don't understand the need to insult someone who was making a genuine enquiry even if you feel my comment above was spurious.  Others in the Monty Twittersphere have been raising the same question as well. 

• From the comments above, no wonder Monty no longer wishes to visit the social scene.  Glad I don't actually know any of you folks personally.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

ooooOOOOoooooimage

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 16,159
    You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 47,190

If he stopped in November fidget ...and this is late February....hmmm image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....