Seed Potato Suppliers

Any suggestions of suppliers for seed potatoes, apart from the usual companies - Marshalls, Unwins etc?

I fancy trying Cosmos this year, and need to order some whilst they are still available.

Thanks.

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,478

Tuckers seem to sell Cosmos. 

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,115

Have you not got a garden centre nearby with open sacks of many varieties so you can buy a few potatoes of several varieties to try?

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 852

My garden centre doesn't sell Cosmos, but I see that Tuckers do. I assume they are a reputable supplier?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,808

Bumping up above the spam

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • Bf206Bf206 Posts: 235

I got 20 charlottes from thompson morgan - only 2.99... Currently chitting away, although they gave me a real variety of sizes and the smaller ones seem to be shrivelling already when really I've got at least a month before I want to out them out I reckon. 

• iGrowiGrow Posts: 183
    I bought a bag of first earlies for 2.99 from a local GC and got just over 50 tubers...
  • Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 2,936

Aldi are selling seed spuds at £1.49. 'Desiree' It was a big bag too, compared to TM at £4.99 for 20, it's a bargin, I have all mine though.   

• I've just bought half a stone of Wiljas for £3.50 from our allotment shop. Is there not an allotment nearby that will sell you some?