HEDGE TRIMMER PROS AND CONS

I am a student looking for information from anyone that has used a hedge trimmer. PROS and CONS about the use and the type of trimmer you used i.e. petrol, electric or battery and the brand thank you!!

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

James, the main deciding factors are the jobs to be done and where in the garden it is used and how often.

Why do you need to know the make ?  

• Just to gauge an idea of the popular brands within the market sector.

• and to be used on your own garden. 

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

I used a two stroke hedge trimmer while studying horticulture at college, I found it too heavy to hold for very long. I have a small rechargeable battery Bosch hedge trimmer which is light enough for me to use

• thanks you Fleurisa

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

James are you studying market research?  I just wonder why you want brand names.

• no am studying product design. but i am researching hedge trimmers it just gives me insight into what brands are most popular and why. 

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

What's the course you're studying at James? And indeed the college? These are two things that most good students who come on here asking questions give us as a polite introduction to themselves before asking questions. It seems to put people at rest and makes them more willing to be helpful, and allows us - should we be worried to contact the college to make sure you are who you claim to be. I am amazed your tutor wont have suggested you do this.

For me it is a Bosch battery powered.

Good luck with whatever it is you want from us.