Forum home Talkback

Please help to identify this miniature shrub

2»

• Not all of these are self fertile. Some need a male for berries.

Thanks Dove & FairyG, I'm trying to 'diversify' a vey shaded border with a 2 metre limestone wall due south !! The laurels & bay are doing quite well, but I'm looking to infill with more variety of form colour & hopefully a few tasty berries for my birdy friends!! Any recommendations for other subjects that would blend and prosper would be welcome?

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

David - Is that a Hebe in your picture?  If so which one is it as it looks hardy?

Hi Forester2, Photo shows the same border last July. 'Fraid I can't name the hebe - maybe a 'fellow forker' will oblige? *I have six or seven bushes of this hebe dotted around the borders - it grows quite quickly & rapidly overtops the hydrangeas if I don't 'top' it fairly severely!

'Fellow Forkers' - Can anyone identify David's lovely hebe as pictured above?

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..looks like a 'Midsummer Beauty' to me...

Thanks Salino

• Thanks, Salino, for hebe id. I trust you're ok re: current high water levels in the Fens at present? [My son manages various nature reserves in Beds, Cams for Wildlife Trust - he reports 'extreme difficulty' getting anywhere offroad without 4x4 etc].