For hellebore enthusiasts.

for details see here.

https://www.ashwoodnurseries.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49

I know a lot are going to Anglesey abbey this weekend for the snowdrops, but if you are interested in hellebores, this promises to be good. I went last year, expecting a garden past its best as it was Autumn, and was amazed. i hope this early Spring opening is as good.  Entrance is £5 all for charity, and there is good cakes and food in the cafe.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,561

Verdun, a quick zip up the M5 in your new car, will be great.  and there is the added attraction of large portions of cake.image

I'm not keen on green flowers, they look too much like foliage to me.image

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,024

Love to, but won't be able toimage

• I don't live near Ashwood nurseries (John's Garden), being in Merseyside but i've just seen the pics on website and it will certainly be a lovely day out for me this year.

Sept 2013 open day

A grassy bit for verdun.

• My parents live close to Ashwood Nurseries which is a lovely small nursery. Their collection of Hellebores is great. I would love to visit the garden. The cakes in the café are far too sweet. Even my wife thinks they are too sweet and she's got a sweet tooth!

Isn't that the point of cakes?

The garden is open this  Saturday, Scott.  See you there.

• There's sweet and too sweet. I will let my parents know as I'll not be able to get to the garden on Saturday. My parents have been on a previous occasion and thoroughly enjoyed the day.