Forum home Wildlife gardening

Large bird of prey

13»

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,702

The RSPB should be able to tell you whether they've had other reports of a possible eagle sighting image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

Hiya Verdun, well, as they say, lives a journey not a destination. image Dove, I joined their forum, I'll have to get stuck in. I just did a bit more googling, it helps when you get the right phrase in, but still had to load a good few pages before I found better photos like what I saw. 

This is pretty much the angle I saw it at. 

But comparing the tail colour and length of these too I'm pretty convinced it was the Female Hen Harrier. Phew, my dogs are safe image 

http://featheredphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/northern-harrier-8431-ron-dudley.jpg

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,702

Whichever it was, it's always a privilege to see such magnificent birds.  

We spent a holiday on Skye and the Outer Hebrides one midsummer - we saw so many special things, 5 Golden Eagles, countless buzzards and a corncrake, amongst many others. image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

image yes it was.

Wow, must have been a great holiday. I'd love to go to Skye, I've been to Scotland a few times but not Skye.