Forum home Tools and techniques

Piping for tunnels/cloches

I'm wanting to make hoops to support fleeces & nets for my raised beds. I've read that blue cold water piping works well. I'm wondering what diameter tubing to use and also where best to buy. So far I can only find it sold in quite large rolls which seems quite pricey. Any suggestions please or any better solutions? Thank you


  • Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

    Plumber merchants, building merchants, even the diy stores will sell you a length, diameter about 2p diameter, think that's 40mm if I remember correctly will do fine.


  • artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

    B&Q do 8' lengths of white pipe, which I have used.

  • Oh ok thank you both will have a look.

Sign In or Register to comment.