Noob from Lincolnshire

Hi All.

I am new to this forum so I thought I would say hello.

I am in the process of purchasing a new property (My gran sadly passed away and it is her house I am looking to purchase)

It has 3/4 acre of land which over the years has been transformed into a huge lawn (with very little life) I remember back when I was young there where fruit trees, areas of long grass, flowering bushes etc and the insect/bird life was booming. even down to owls nesting in the Lailandii (SP)

I would like to rectify this over time but will probably be looking to you all for help.

To give you a little background on me,

I am 34 years old.

4 kids

Environmental manager (with an Environmental Science Degree)

Cheers 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,675

Hi Pugnut and welcome image

Sounds like an exciting time you have ahead of you - keep us updated image

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,239

hello pignut. 

You'll have a wonderful time getting the life back into that

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,478

How exciting - it sounds wonderful pignut.  Will your 4 kids be able to help with the garden?  We are all willing here to help with advise on things we are familiar with.  Looking forward to hearing your progress and good luck.

• PignutPignut Posts: 3

Yes my oldest is 9 my youngest is 2.

They all love the outdoors and love to hunt "Mini beast" we have a small wildlife garden in our current property which is 3ft x 3ft which they helped to build. we have frogs, damselflies, bees and butterflies on a regular basis.. 

• lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

Welcome Pignut.. Pull up a chair, grab a coffee and enjoy (I loose hours here sometimes just reading and giggling).

Loads of help and advice here and lots of nice people, good luck with the new home and project image.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,168

Welcome pignutimage

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,892

Welcome Pignut! What an usual name!

I hope the sale of the house goes through and that you have many many many years of pleasure ahead of you.

It's a lovely name Clarington image

http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/species/pignut

• lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

Thanks Nut image I learn something new here everyday image

So do I lisa. image unfortunately I forget something every day as well