Forum home Plants

reduced plants at b and q

2»

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    I've nursed plants back to health from B&Q a few times, if I can do it anyone can image
  • Bargain I picked up this time last year, 2 sedums for 25p each, both looked dead (or on their way out), I could see some green coming through at the bas of the plants so I took a punt.  absolutely huge plants loads of flowers.  complete steal!

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Got a very large, sad thyme from B&Q last year for 50p; all it needed was plunging into water to reviveimage

• Lavender and box always look rough at this time of year especially if they are pot bound and neglected.  If they are cheap then you could repot them and leave them until spring, might be worth a punt.  The compost they usually use is cheap and they exhaust the nutrients or have them washed out by rubbish watering.

• half my garden has been filled with B&Q bargains including some nice shrubs which have really filled out. occasionally i do see something reduced with no sings of life, but I've done well with the ones I've bought, as long as there's some sign of life, it's worth getting it and with a little TLC it'll soon be on its way.

I've also had trays of primroses (6 or more) for 30p, so if one or two don't make it, it's hardly a problem. last autumn i got a poorly looking clematis for 99p which has since perked up. Love B&Q! image