Forum home Talkback

Check out my picture of a Peacock butterfly I saw in DECEMBER!!

Whilst removing Ivy in one of my customers gardens in Harpenden, a butterfly emerged, I quickly followed it and took several photos. I was so delighted that I remembered that people sent in photo's regarding things they saw, as this was very special I wanted to share it with people & I was very surprised to receive an email saying it will be appearing in the next issue image We need to encourage more butterfly's and bees into our gardens, I always try and plant plants and shrubs throughout the season to help our birds, bees and butterfly's........

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

lovelyimage

• Thats beautiful Paul

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

image Thanks for sharing.

• wow....almost as good as your profile pic lolimage

• FleurisaFleurisa Posts: 779

A perfect example of why people shouldn't remove ivy

• thanks everyone, I am glad you like it, thanks Jenny it was a fancy dress party!

Fleurisa, I wouldn't normally remove ivy for precisely that reason, however when the ivy in question was causing damage on a customers property, a small section had to be removed, however 80% is still there. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,784

A few minutes ago I went into the garage for some onions, when I came out I had a peacock butterfly on my apron, I popped him/her back in a quiet corner before he woke up in the warmth of the kitchen.   Lovely to see it  image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Thank you Dovefromabove, its now on in the gardeners world magazine as my issue came today, so everyone can see this beautiful butterfly image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 71,784

Looking forward to seeing it Paul image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• On page 120 image