GW on iPad

Anyone who has an iPad, does the GW website work on it? Also do most other websites work? Thinking of buying one but not sure if its OK for browsing the web (Hope this is ok for the forums!!)

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    It's great for browsing the web, I'm on mine now. So far though I haven't been able to upload pictures to this forum and had to go on the laptop to do that, which is fine if you will still have a laptop. Also can't watch some videos but not sure if that is the iPad or because it's a work one and some things are blocked ie can't play anything that needs adobe. Hope this helps, I'm not an expert that's just from my experience.
  • I have a samsung tablet, works on here. Although I do have trouble with PMs.  Can watch vidios, it takes pic, you can download songs, books etc. I wouldn't be without mine. I'm sure you'd get on fine with one. I'm not very technical minded but i'm getting there.image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Hi M Fent.

I have an iPad 2 and am running iOS 6 (the version of the operating system. New ones will come with iOS 7). Unlike Tracey I don't have any problems with uploading photos from my iPad (I just use the tree icon and it works just fine). 

I love my iPad and wouldn't be without it. The only downside is the weight, but I believe the new ones are much lighter image

I am on iOS 7, I wonder if that's why I can't do the photos? The little box with the tree in doesn't even come up when I type, I just get the keyboard but on my iPad there??? I think some of my issues are related to it being for work and some settings being blocked and I can't change them!!
    I think so Brumbull, never mind I'm managing image
  • M FentM Fent Posts: 166

Thanks for the replies guys. So do you prefer the iPad over the laptop? Or is there certain things the iPad can't do?

Thanks Brumbull. Ive got a laptop ATM but its getting slow and sometimes the screen goes funny when you tilt it in  certain position. I only use it for browsing the web, online shopping, watching Youtube and using GW(!!) etc so looks like iPad is on the shopping list image

• I'm on my Nexus 7 tablet for about 2 hours every morning (I'm retired). I read the Telegraph and this forum on it and generally surf the web. I find it very relaxing and more comfy than sitting at the PC, although typing is always less convenient on any tablet than a PC.

The Nexus 7 costs £179, the IPad costs £399 + - it's a no brainer IMHO!

• Kathy 2Kathy 2 Posts: 109

Hi M Fent. I've just imported this from my iPad bought in November 2012. I used the tree icon in the reply box. I usually use my laptop to view GW because it's a bigger screen.

We take our iPad on holidays abroad as we can skype family without having to pay exorbitant phone bills - as long as you have free wifi where you are staying.  image

Lovely photo Kathy image