My Garden

If this works, here is a picture of my garden, or at least 'my' part of it (ie excluding lawn).

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,250

With all those plants you're going to grow you might have to take over some of the lawn Tracey

• Mrs GMrs G Posts: 336

Nice, I like the wood, stone gravel combo!

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 5,234

Looks lovely Tracey. If it were mine I would be lookin at the shady area by the hedge, and planning a new bed there.

Then again if it were mine I would probably have the whole lawn up!

If I could stick a knife in my heart. Suicide right on stage
    Would it be enough for your teenage lust. Would it help to ease the pain?
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Well funny enough, OH is considering putting a border all the way round, but just using 1 sleeper high and not as wide.  It will all be shaded though most of the time as the garden is south facing.

Brumbull, that's the greenhouse that's coming down (you can't see the broken panes etc from this pic) and the new one is slightly smaller.  The area at the back of the shed on the other side of the picket fence (which is my veg patch) is where I was thinking about putting the potatoes (re my other thread the other day about shady spaces).

This is one of the full garden, so you can see what I mean about another border around where the hedge is, it will mean a lot of outlay on plants as it is quite big and a lot of work, but I don't mind that.

• Tracey that looks lovely..... How about a kidney shaped one near the seating area?

That's the bit that gets very waterlogged Stacey, my OH is talking about doing them round the outside of the garden, don't think he will let me have any more of his lawn and also need to think about the hounds image

• Bog garden lol

• lisa69lisa69 Posts: 119

What a lovely lawn Tracey image your OH obviously looks after it well, wish mine was like that but I'm afraid the lovely local mole had other ideas.

An island bed around the two trees would look lovely too, and I guess it cuts the mowing and tending for the OH so you could spend more time with enjoying it image

My OH loves his lawn and although I say so myself, he does a great job, especially with 2 dogs image

One of the 2 trees at the front actually died, when we had that really late frost a couple of years ago, it just killed it. We left it until last year and it just crumbled image

My apple tree is hidden behind the tree on the left hand side, at the bottom of the garden. I'm thinking of moving the plum (in the middle of the border) to the back nearer to my greenhouse but not too near??