Hellebores

SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

I know lots of you are keen on hellebores, so I thought you may be interested in the following article in todays DT!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/plants/10579933/Hellebores-winters-most-colourful-guest.html

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,330

Thanks Sue - good piece.  Love the picture of the green one fringed with red edges.  Mine are all showing fat flower buds at the moment ....... The excitement is mounting imageimageimage

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Thanks for the article SwissSue image

One of mine is flowering image 

Think I may have to get some more, and at £2.50 for ready to plant flowering helibores I don't think I can turn them down imageimage

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    Where are they Panda? There are some on offer this month through GW, I was unsure what to do but may have to get one (or two??) now....oops!!!
  • 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

They are miles away from you unfortunately Tracey image they are being sold on the plant stall at my local market (in Essex). I get quite a lot of my plants there as I don't drive and I can take them home on the bus, not to mention the fact that they are very good value for money imageimage

• SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

Mine are still hiding their heads in the dirt!image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    Thanks panda, just a but far yes, I thought maybe you had seen them online. Might have to go with the GW offer.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 45,062

image  They're gorgeous.  I was sold a H. lividus as hardy ........ it wasn't image

If you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. You won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.” 
  • donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 461

I recently bought some from Lidl, £3.99 I have had plants from Lidl before and they have always been very good.

• BerghillBerghill Posts: 2,877

Just done some more leaf removing of ours,.................third day of doing it and got about a third of them done. Some of them have over 50 leaf stalks on them, all needing removing.

I must have missed seed removing as well, there are hundreds of seedlings around, they need weeding out.