I've ordered my new greenhouse ????

After waiting for what seems like forever, I have finally ordered my lovely new greenhouse.......no more making do and patching up with scary fragile glass, a door that won't stay on, a vent that is covered with plastic and leaks everywhere. Looking forward to a hopefully successful summer with lots of tips from here, all I have to do now is be brave enough to take the old fragile greenhouse down!!

That's all, I just wanted to share my news with someone who would be as excited as me about a greenhouse!!!

• That is any gardeners dream, like the ultimate, I'm really excited for you and it's not even mine! What size is it? And any thoughts what youre going to pop in there once it's built? image

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,156

great news tracey5  enjoy image. what will  you do with the old one ??  bet you someone will buy it on ebay . a  few ££££s for plants etc 

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,478

So exciting Tracey - how long have you got to wait for it to arrive?

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 852

Congrats image. What type/brand/size/colour etc did you buy?

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800
    It's a Simplicity one, 6"x8", my current one which is quite derelict is 6"x10" but I think the new one will be plenty big enough. It will be here in 6-8 weeks so I think I will be starting some seeds off indoors. I already have a seed tray rack and staging which I bought last summer but haven't used yet as we decided to get a new green house for this year and I decided to keeo them so they would be nice and new ????

I don't think we will get it down without breaking the glass so don't think it will be fit to sell on, the glass is VERY fragile and it is about 20 years old.

I am planning to grow some bedding plants for the summer but also tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers......any other suggestions? As it's smaller than the current one I am going to put potato planters either side of the door.

Oohhhhh I am SOOOOOOOO excited ????????????????????
    My smileys are coming out as ?????? so those shouldn't be ???????in my last post but should be lots of smiles!!!
  • If you're on iPhone and iPad that can make it come out like that Tracey. How bigs your garden? You could grow any perennial you desired, what are your favourites? And us lot will try and supply with with the information you need and I know I've got a few packets I wouldn't mind sharing image

• GWRSGWRS Posts: 5,166

I grow Basil seems to go well with tomatoes

You say peppers is that chilli peppers ? If you like chillies give them go to

I also grow marigolds to keep the bugs at bay and so far It has either worked or I have been lucky for the last few years ! 

GWRS, peppers and chilli peppers, I did well with them the year before last until one morning I went out and they had all been eaten and all I had left were stalks......I hope the mouse felt them coming out the other end, greedy little thing!!

Ryan, my garden is fairly big but mostly lawn with a wide border round the edge, a veg patch and greenhouse at the bottom (away from it all!). I recently bought some of the perennials on offer in the GW mag but I'm afraid I'm rubbish with the names, still learning! I've been reading lots of posts about flowers and seed planting and all the names are going straight over my head, I need to get my book out I think and start looking them up.
    GWRS, forgot to say I might try basil as it's my favourite herb and I do plant marigolds but have never grown from seed, are they easy? Do you plant marigolds with vegetables?