Buying a hammock online

I am after a good hammock set for my garden at the moment. A friend mentioned a company called Hammockland.co.uk but he has not bought from them himself.

Has anyone else bought a hammock from hammockland? Or any other retailer that they can recommend for a good hammock. I have never bought one before now!

• I wouldn't recommend purchasing from a web based company that has no contact address and no contact phone number on their site so I would steer clear and go with one of the excellent internet retailers that do not hide behind anonymity instead.

• Cheers John. I have just looked on there. There do have contact details and I have just chatted to one of the sales people. They are actually in my city so I am able to collect from them rather than waiting for delivery!

Thanks for your advice. I wouldn't ever buy from anyone without the contact information either!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,478

You'll have to let us know how you get on Petemiguel - maybe post a pic of you reclining in your hammock! image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• steephillsteephill Posts: 843

Now you need two apple trees just the right distance apart image. Haven't use mine for a couple of years - once you get beyond 27 getting in is much easier than getting out so you need someone else to bring you cold beer!

• I'm obviously going blind Petemiguel - where's the number you called.  I'm looking for a hammock myself.  Cheers.

• I'd still be very wary Petemiguel, there are lots of scams out there.  As you live very near to them, I'd only pay when you're at their showroom and have the goods in your hands - certainly not pay in advance online via PayPal.

I've had another look on their website and still can't find the contact number you found.  I then Googled them and they don't seem to exist and the domain name looks like it was only registered last week.....! 

All very odd......

I've just found this on their "About us" page:

"Where are we based? Newton Business Park, Talbot Rd, Hyde. SK14 4UQ."  but I couldn't find it earlier image

I sort of suspect that Pete might know them -  but of course I might just be a COF (Cynical Old Forker).

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Dovefromabove wrote (see)

I sort of suspect that Pete might know them -  but of course I might just be a COF (Cynical Old Forker).

I sort of suspect you may be right Dovefromabove and there's certainly nothing wrong with a healthy dollop of cynicism.  Mind you, the thought of summer is a nice one - anyone for a Pimms? image

Good idea John 

Plenty to go round image

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 25,986

It's a very odd first post on a gardening forum.image

I deduce that you are right Dove