Forum home Wildlife gardening

Cats have killed all my frogs

13»

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 3,482
    In my experience cats chase frogs and may kill them but not eat them and it seems unlikely that they would dig them up . Not an expert. Cats don’t usually dig stuff up 
  • a1154a1154 Posts: 844
    You could get a camera, they have got much cheaper. I couldn’t work out where rabbits were getting into my garden, got a camera set up, very easy to spot it then. 
    You can move it around for different wildlife spotting afterwards. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 17,539
    100% there is a cat or fox killing my frogs. I've kept those guys going for years whilst I landscaped and installed a pond, I even rescued one from a skip. This summer I've realised that something is sniffing them out at night, dragging them onto the lawn and then killing them. I buried one only to find it had been dug up the next day and dumped on the lawn. I personally find cats a massive detriment to wildlife, horrible creatures with lazy owners. They do most of their damage at night. I find the advice on here about cats and foxes never attacking frogs Infuriating. The evidence is undeniable as I stand over two dead frogs covered In flies that have blatantly been killed for fun. If it was a fox, the frog would have been eaten surely? I'm convinced it's cats. 

100%  sure, can you post the footage of your camera showing that please. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.