Cats have killed all my frogs

13»

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,575
    It is most likely to be foxes digging up buried frogs.  They will also catch and eat live frogs, as will herons, gulls, ducks, geese...........   

Cats will probably chase live frogs if they see them hopping about but then find their skin secretions unpalatable.   
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,858
    In my experience cats chase frogs and may kill them but not eat them and it seems unlikely that they would dig them up . Not an expert. Cats don’t usually dig stuff up 
  • a1154a1154 Posts: 745
    You could get a camera, they have got much cheaper. I couldn’t work out where rabbits were getting into my garden, got a camera set up, very easy to spot it then. 
    You can move it around for different wildlife spotting afterwards. 
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 14,340
    100% there is a cat or fox killing my frogs. I've kept those guys going for years whilst I landscaped and installed a pond, I even rescued one from a skip. This summer I've realised that something is sniffing them out at night, dragging them onto the lawn and then killing them. I buried one only to find it had been dug up the next day and dumped on the lawn. I personally find cats a massive detriment to wildlife, horrible creatures with lazy owners. They do most of their damage at night. I find the advice on here about cats and foxes never attacking frogs Infuriating. The evidence is undeniable as I stand over two dead frogs covered In flies that have blatantly been killed for fun. If it was a fox, the frog would have been eaten surely? I'm convinced it's cats. 

100%  sure, can you post the footage of your camera showing that please. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.