Forum home Talkback

I'm so so bored stiff

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 82,737

Get Chiltern Seeds to send you their new catalogues http://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/ image

James, I'm off to Bashkortostan in Central Russia to visit my daughter in law's extended family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashkortostan image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 26,982

I've had some good ones from here as well

http://www.plant-world-gardens.co.uk/

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 28,811

I enjoy the Chilterns catalogue as it has humour as well as great goodies.  Plant World have good things too.  If you belong to the RHS you can also get seeds from their seed collection and distribution service.

Shan't be ordering any myself thiough as I find I have an embarassment of seeds in my box, both bought and collected - the perils of sorting out the garage and organising the new womanshed.  I shall be good and sow those and see what grows before I buy any new ones.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I've resisted so far this year obelixx. I didn't order from the Hardy Plant Society.

I have loads to sow from the seed swap last year, some were autumn sown and some of those have germinated already. I see an out of control pricking out/potting on/space available situation looming again.

But then I look at Chiltern and PW and they've got some exciting seeds. Maybe I won't look

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 28,811

That's what worries me too Nut.   Too many babies and not enough space to prick out and pot on till they're big enough to fend for themselves in the garden.  I'll be working on that when the weather improves - making a new work and grow space behind the garage so they're more easily supervised.   No frost protection yet though so no point getting excited too early.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I lost my big growing on space along side of the house last year. It's shaded from about midday, just right. New drains had to be laid. But I've got it back this year and it looks an enormous space. I know how quickly I can fill it.

• Obelixx, Nut, Dove, you all KNOW that no amount of slapping on wrist stops that NEED to buy more seeds. However many are in your (now massive) box. You know, the box that started as a margerine tub, then a biscuit tin, and is now probably a big plastic box from poundland or similar! But the space for the plants gets no bigger! My back lawn gets smaller every yr. I'm going to give lots of baby plants to charities, the school, etc so they can raise money from my obsession, but I'll still have the fun of growing them. Except soon, I'll need to cover the whole garden with a polytunnel!

I go on seed swaps to get rid of some, then end up with more. Like knitters with wool, (or any crafters, really!!!)

You're right jeannie.

could Seedaholics Anonymous help? image

• I have to agree I went and bought only two grow bag trays yesterday and found my self coming out with two extra packets of weeds with them I can't stop buying seeds

but I like the idea of giving away to schools I already give to friends and family

I have more seeds than garden but is that going to stop me no way

I even have veg seeds but no where to grow them yet LOL

Nut what's that number image

clueless

I think it's too late James, we're too far down the slippery slope