magazine back issues

hi, i was wondering if anyone out there who knows of a way of recycling my back issues and i dont mean in the bin!.i would like to give them to an organisation or club or anyone who just like them.they are from 2006-2013 inclusive with only an odd one missing from the whole lot.thanks for any suggestions.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,721
    I give mine to the local gardening group - they put them out on club nights for people to help themselves.
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • thanks for that. i'll find out where mine are

• I offered mine on my local Freecycle site. A very nice couple came and took away about 20 years' worth - they won't run out of reading material for a while!

• KT53KT53 Posts: 3,844

They're all probably too modern to be accepted by your local GP or dentist image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

My local charity shop refused them as they take up too much room & people read them not buy them. image 

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 14,234

I'm a bit of a hoarder with them, but sometimes I give one to my son who's a dentist! In France but he says they are popular with his English patients.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Although I subscribe now-I managed to get 3 yrs worth in pristine condition from free cycle. The gentleman who gave them to me was fab with an admirable garden! I love reading them. I take mine to the hairdressers, it blends in very nicely with Hello and OK mags.

• You could try schools, there is a lot of talk at the moment about getting young people interested in gardening.

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

i have a bag log of them new year promise to read one a week image