Forum home Plants

Mystery prickly plant

2»

• Thanks fidgetbones, will do. And thanks everyone for all your help!

• I saw a most wonderful over grown neglected rose bush with the biggest hips I have ever seen and it looked like baubles on Christmas tree it was lovely although it could look  a mess come summer.image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 14,579

I have small hips on a Rosa filipes, but the blackbirds are working through them at the moment.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,383

On the roadside near Beccles, just before the river bridge to the Broads, there's a hedgerow of wild roses absolutely covered with the biggest and most brilliant vermilion rose hips I think I've ever seen - I look forward to them every time I drive to see the Aged Ps.  

If you hear of a woman in a convertible floating down the River Waveney you'll know that I took my eyes off the road for just a little too long image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• lovely image Dove!

right now you could float down the road outside my house without taking your eyes off the road!