Anyone know this plant? found in a church grounds today 20.12.13
They're not poisonous but are said not to be worth eating. I've never tried so can't confirm
Arbutus aka Strawberry Tree.
They're native to Ireland but didn't make it to the UK, not quite sure how they got to Ireland and not here though. The above ID's are right.
if your not sure ,don't eat it !
Ive been told you can make jam out of the berries but have not tried yet
Tasteless! I tried.
I have tried them, best word for them is insipid but not poisonous.