Plant identification

Does anyone know the name of this flowering shrub shrub  please?

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Could it be a form of Datura?

• Thank you for the suggestion, I  will check it out, I have been trying to identify it for weeks.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,688

I've seen datura/brugmansia with blooms yellow at the top changing to red, but not the other way around - that doesn't mean that they don't exist.  But the leaves look a bit too thick and leathery/glossy to me - more like a camellia leaf image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Ive just checked and dont think it is a datura but thank you for responding.

• izzy8izzy8 Posts: 79

definately not a Brugmansia. the first name I thought of was Cuphea but it's not that.

I've come across it before and can't remember the name

• It started to flower about six weeks ago and is still producing buds. It is evergreen as there are no signs of the leaves dropping or changing colour. I must admit it is quite a mystery, I bought it at a flower show in Suffolk but lost the label in transit. When the buds appear they look like small acorns.

Thank you for the responses so far

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,930

Correa backhousiana x reflexa   "marions marvel"

An Australian plant suitable for conservatory. needs winter protection.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • Thank you, it is still outside so I will make sure I put it in the conservatory 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,930

Check for scale insects before you bring it indoors. If there are any, they will increase rapidly in a conservatory. Then put it out again for summer (basically treat it like a lemon tree.)

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3