Forum home Tools and techniques
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Glove for long fingers

Hello fellow gardeners image

Well I concede I need some better gardening gloves.  I have thick clay soil with slightly more soil than flint content (although in places that's questionable).  TBH, I prefer to get in there with my hands as it seems to get a better result, but they are in a poor way after today and meeting with a few sharp flints whilst trying to dig up a tree stump and the soil is getting pretty cold now too!

I digress image  I have quite long fingers, but my hands aren't fat.  Generally speaking, ladies' gloves are too small because of my fingers and men's gloves are too loose.  My middle finger is about 9cm and the palm (ignoring the thumb) is about 8cm.  Has anyone found a pair of gloves (ideally that keep hands warm too) that fits this sort of dimensions?  I have lots of roses and generally only wear gloves for digging and cutting things as when the stumps are finally gone, I shan't be digging up anymore trees in a hurry!

Thanks in advance

Emma image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Try a pair of stretchy fleece gloves inside the leather ones.

• Thank you both.  Brumbull, that number is High Wycombe, which is where I live!  It is attached to a shop?

Emma

• Garden girl don't have a shop but they are really lovely, friendly people if you phone them and are more than happy for people to visit their warehouse by prior arrangement. Be warned though that their kit is addictive, I have spent a small fortune with them over the last couple of years image Oh, and they have a ten percent off offer at the moment ( which proved pretty fatal to my credit card last week).

• Maybe you're right, Brumbull. I usually deal directly with the manufacturer and have checked their website and they are based in bucks not high Wycombe....so maybe your number is for a shop that stocks their goodies... It's probably just as we'll for the sake of my purse that no shops near me stock them LOL

Their direct website, if it helps, is www.gardengirl.co.uk  

• Thank you.  I don't have much willpower.  Maybe it is best I stick to the websiteimage

• You might want to try the Showa Floreo 370 gloves too, I've found them to be quite snug and I have long fingers too!

• And, oddly, GTS Direct who trade as gardenergear.com are based in the Shetland Isles just like our new member Jean Patty image

• K8K8 Posts: 1

Hello, come across this old thread as I am new to gardening and have exactly the same problem - I've tried on lots and lots either they fall off or the fingers are too short (or both!)....who knew that would be one of the most difficult things to find! The suggestions above look great - what size did you end up getting? K8