Forum home Talkback

Winter Pots

2»

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,297

Love it Macavity image

• ChRi5ChRi5 Posts: 1

image all of your posts are so inspirational,  it is so nice to have something cheerful to look at over the dull months. 

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    I put hyacinths, grasses & wallflowers
  • I've planted a large concrete planter with 2 pink speckled hellebores, a few pansies, a primrose and 2 small aquilegia. Underneath are a variety of white, purple and orange tulips and 3 alliums. It looks a little bit sparse at the moment but should look good from January to end of June I'm hoping. I'll post a pic at the weekend.

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,565

Cyclamen won't bloom all winter but they do have attractive foliage.  I've planted some rich red ones in the pots by the front door along with aviegated tariling ivey and upright variegated euonymous.  It should still look good even when the flower have died down.

I have no luck with spring bulbs in outdoor tubs here as they tend to get frozen to a mush.  The cyclamen will be planted in the front bed with the others next spring?  They are gradually forming a very attractive mat under the roses.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw