Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Buried treasure

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Anyone know what this was used for, its about3 inches long.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Good thought, nothing ancient then.

Was it used. by someone spinning wool? 

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

There is a well in my garden which is now incorporated in the conservatory with a glass lid, it looks good when lit up at night.  Also found what I think may have been an ice house.  Its under the terrace now. Most recent find was a piece of metal in the shape of a horses head.  No idea what it was.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DyersEndDyersEnd Posts: 730

I found a plastic giraffe image  Loads of old (Victorian/Edwardian) broken china too which is slightly more interesting.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've just remembered!

When we bought this house, there was a black plastic wrapped shape hidden deep under the leylandii at the back of the garden. We just left it there until one day we decided to be enthusiastic and dig it out.

Imagine our surprise when we carefully unwrapped a microwave oven...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We didn't risk plugging it in as there was no way we could get to at least 100m away before it went ping...

• 1950s end terrace house built on farmland. Lovely mix of rubble, brick, pottery and on one occasion a two foot lump of sandstone. Which was nice..

• marc weirmarc weir Posts: 124
    I found a blue thunderbirds car, loads of little green and grey toy soldiers and I keep finding marbles all are which are from my childhood. However my neighbour dug up a raised driveway as it was sinking and found a complete car body cash boxes and a safe lol