Forum home The potting shed

Presents I've been given that I really really like

• MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951

There are also times when you think you have bought the perfect present for someone. I bought my childminder a mould to make a chocolate 'gingerbread' house (chocolate version of the ones which you can make out of gingerbread and stick together). I had her name all over it! Hope she likes it.

• Buzzy2Buzzy2 Posts: 95

My Kindle, best present ever. I am never without something to read, and I have 3000+ (most free) books waiting in the wings!

• Rosie31Rosie31 Posts: 483

My OH gave me one of those japanese razor hoes - best thing EVER in the garden (after my felcos!)

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Bumping this back up to the top as I've a keen gardening Grandfather (his love is mainly for Alpines) to buy a gift for and I'm really struggling for something to get him that he hasn't already got himself.

Keep those great ideas coming dear sweet people!

• Some new gardening gloves, a wooden trug, a mug with gardening pics on. Some new scecateurs   Kneeling mat (some convert into a stool). Bird bath, sundial. An acer. Subsription to GW! He has probably got all of these Clari, but hope it helps image A gillet or something warm to wear outside. Pr of wellies! image

• Clari, he's probably got one but a nice chair/bench?  Bird table. image 

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    star gaze lily wrote (see)

Clari, he's probably got one but a nice chair/bench?  Bird table. image 

Thanks Star Gaze, he's already got the chair and bench on a little decking area my partner built for him two years ago and they have many many bird feeders dotted around the area just outside the conservatory which is beautiful sit and watch the comings and goings of the birds / mice / squirrel.

I really think he's hit the point of having *everything*. Perhaps when I was last there I should have tripped and broken a few things to leave space for new gifts!

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 7,955

The presents I like best are plants. Over the years as they grow they always remind me of the people who bought them, and the time at which they gave it me. Nowadays people dont want to risk plants, in case I dont like them, so they give vouchers instead. I try to buy specific plants with the vouchers so I can attribute them to the giver.

Somewhere in my heart
    There is a star that shines for you
    Silver splits the blue
    Love will see it through
  • Clari, let me know what you get your grandad, hope he gives you some help in deciding.  Good luck pressie hunting x 

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Clari, maybe some "posh" labels for his alpines.