Forum home Garden design

2014 - The year of the garden

• The plants though arguably one of the most important parts of a garden are way down the list. Not least because because our knowledge goes along the lines of "ooo, a purple one!"

The plan is to have a Moroccan inspired seating area. Detachable curtains on the sides. A firepit or even a cast iron wood burner in the middle.

As it is pretty much a whole garden project, we will gladly pictures of our progress.

This is what we are starting with. I'm stood on the current, small patio. You can just about make out Monty in the background..

• oh wow it's going to be great

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Gg, I agree! Please keep us posted with the work in progressimage

• Wow, you guys all sound almost as excited as we are!

Dovefromabove, I hear what you are saying but there will be no compromise. If we can't afford something we wait till we can image

• Looks great, where abouts on your garden plan is the house.  image

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 60,671

Sounds good to me image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Star gaze lily, our lounge opens up on the the southern edge of the patio and the kitchen opens up on the eastern side. Hope that makes sense!?!

So given that the patio is being replaced with a bigger, smarter one, is it still best to start with that?

Should I dig out the water feature before starting on the seating area?

• i found a picture I took of a model of the area when it was being built image

So just colored over it... The purple areas are already take care of. A fence squaring off the garden and isolating the driveway to the top, and a rendered wall on the right where our chickens will reside image