Jet Washers

Am thinking of buying a jet washer to wash slippery paths and driveway.  Has anyone any experience or advice on the best make etc. 

Thanks

• Birdy13Birdy13 Posts: 542

Mine is a Kärcher - they have an excellent range and sometimes are on offer.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,677

Karcher here too.

The Vendée, France
  • ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,892

Karcher here too. We have an attachment specifically for doing driveways / patios which is fantastic as it stops the water spraying all up the wall. My partner did the driveway a few months ago and the grass to the right of it was still dry. There's still some run off naturally but nothing like if you used the plain end nozzle which tends to leave water stains up the walls / shed.

We like it that much that we've brought one for a relative for their birthday!

Watch out for them on sale at B&Q (especially if you've a friend who has an over 60s discount card).

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 10,677

OH bought one of those attachments for us too.  Very pleased with himself for getting it a good reduced price - except our terrace and front paths are old granite setts so not flat enough.   Doh!

The Vendée, France
  • Thanks everyone.  As you all seem happy with Karcher will do a bit of research to see which one will suit.  Hubby has B&Q card so  might be worth a look there.  Am fed up scrubbing paths with yard broom its HARD WORK!!

Thanks again.  Have a good afternoon.image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 11,279

Just dont buy it off the ideal home shopping channel on the tv- my dad had a bad experience- took months to sort out.

You will probably get a good offer in the January sales at the DIY warehouses or halfords.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Ok thank you fidgetbones, note taken!

• I have a Nilfisk, I too looked at all the reviews online and decided on this rather than a Karcher.  One of the common pieces of feedback is that the Nilfisk has better build quality.  

I have cleaned my patio, woodwork and car and have been very happy with it.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 2,155

Another satisfied Karcher owner here.  The drive / patio attachment is called the T racer - no idea why, but it certainly works.

• KEFKEF Posts: 8,915

We have Nilfisk, but only used once, bought larger motor model than we planned to so we don't have to stop and give it a rest. Do check running time on whichever you buy.