Forum home Plants

Can you get a Bay Plant?

2»

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

When do you think the best time would be flowersfb? 

• I'm not sure what time of the year Chriss2 took her cuttings Nutcutlet,but

don't risk spoiling your tree by pruning it when it's too cold.  Next Autumn

will be fine and thank you very much for the offer - we'll just have to remember !!!???

w

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,160

I've  emailed you ffb 

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Late comer to this thread, I bought a small bay "plant" in a pot and after a while after re-potting I planted it where a Silver Birch had been. Now it has to be "attacked " at least once each year. Currently it's at least 8' high and 5' across, did try to lollipop it, but it grows when you aren't looking. image I do use bay leaves..but not that many.

Seriously it does hide part of neighbour's garage. The garage was why the Silver Birch was removed as roots went that way and I couldn't bare to see it die after garage foundations dug, and concrete went in. We did discuss with neighbour & Mrs. Neighbour as sad as me to see it go. image

• In answer to above if it was hard  to grow on ,no easy and clip it into shape easy too!

• Thanks again Flowering Rose and thanks also Nutcutlet - Just going to find

your email! imageimage 

• Nutcutlet just to let you know I emailed you back yesterday!

• I recently moved and inherited two lollipop bay trees which are in low brick built retaining walls. They grew well in the summer and I trimmed them once but now the leaves are yellowing and dropping off. What can I do I don't want to lose them.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 65,341

Hi Goranne ... can you show us some photos of your bays to give us some clues as to what might be wrong.

To upload photos start with the camera icon and follow instructions.  If photos don't upload try reducing the size. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh