Gardening programmes

• Not just Geoff Hamilton (who was a superb broadcaster and inspirational gardener) - I was inspired by the Geoffrey Smith series ("Mr Smith's Vegetable Garden" and "Mr Smiths's Fruit Garden" - if I remember the titles correctly!)  These were shown originally on Sundays - roundabout 1pm, I think.  But the down-to-earth presentation was faultless.  And worth repeating imo.

(Mind you, my memory may be failing - these series were first broadcast in the late 70s or early 80s, so that rather gives my age away image)

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,655

I was smitten with Geoffrey Smith - when I'm on Desert Island Discs my luxury will be a recording of him on GQT waxing lyrical about all the plants you can grow in a shady garden image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• look forward to that Pam

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

Who was the broadcaster who said "the answer lies in the soil"?

• Lilylouise wrote (see)

Our garden will have a little spot in the episode on bedding image

In August Christine Walkden and a film crew spent  a very enjoyable afternoon in our garden image

Pam LL x

That will be amazing seeing someones garden from the GW forum on TV

Hampshire Gardener
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,041

Forester,  it was Arthur Fallowfield

Thanks Nut - my word, it was a long time ago.

Lillylouise - remind us all again in August to watch it..

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,655
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Dove - ???

• nice little video on www.westcountry-nurseries.co.uk