Forum home The potting shed

Plants Online

• Oh god, seems like Ebays gone a bit greedy! Thnakyou Dave for that info image

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

Ryan, I know you're only 16 right now but keep in mind charities like The Princes Trust who run to help young people get a leg up. You have to be 18 for them but their website might have useful information on and they can help you take the next step to going pro when the time comes.

Til then build up the experience, sales receipts, crop logs (time date compost grown in, as many records as you can - all this written info now will impress the people you apply for grants from later)  I know eBay is hammering the small time sales men so why not investigate Gumtree, Etsy, Preloved? And easiest of all local FB groups (I know there are several that cover this tiny town alone), shop windows, and even putting a poster in the back of youd mums car.

Good luck!

• nodlisabnodlisab Posts: 395

I have very little knowledge of the subject but just wanted to say that it is so refreshing to see someone of your age with so much get up and go to improve his life instead of a lot of the youth today wanting something for nothing,good luck to you and I am sure you will succeed in life with your determination.

• Hi Ryan. Lots of excellent advice, love your enthusiasm. Check out this link - it may be useful (you do have to be over 18, but under 18's can register in parents/guardians name)

Good Luck, Tamarix

• Sorry - forgot to add link (it's an age thing).image

http://www.greenplantswap.co.uk/

• Clarington nodlisab- Thnakyou very much for your support and claringrin for that advice, I have got some business equipment ready, just need to get some more and organise myself! 

Tamarix- Thnakyou, I've created an account so I can get selling! image

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,776

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing in your new venture, Ryan.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• I will do Lyn, thnakyou for your support, really nice to have people backing me image

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949
    tamarix wrote (see)

Sorry - forgot to add link (it's an age thing).image

http://www.greenplantswap.co.uk/

Slightly off topic but that's a really nice website! Simply designed and easy to use. Good luck using it Ryan!