Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Member are leaving quicker than the summer did

I have found that a lot of members have gone.

why ?

I was looking for Tea but I can't find her also Addict and Now verdun 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Read through a few threads you missed while you were away James, it's best left alone now.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Ok but its a shame.

I agree

• SingySingy Posts: 206

Starting threads annoucing that you are leaving only fuels the fire, it strikes me as a need for attention, if someone decides to leave then simply stop using the forum, dont clamour for attention and people begging you to stay.

I am not sure who has caused these problems, but its pathetic on both parts in my opinion.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

I don't know the details any more than you appear to Singy.  I would say however that PM'ing somebody because you don't agree with their opinion, or worse, to intentionally harass them is totally unacceptable.  Assuming there is some way to notify the moderators of these actions I would hope the member has done so and that the mods would act accordingly.

I don't know how long the departing member has been on the forum but, if they are a long standing member, I can certainly understand why they would want to let others know the reasons for their departure.  To me that is more courtesy than "clamour for attention"

Verdun was always polite even if his jokes were rubbishimage

• And let's not forget v knowledgable .... However if my echinecea die it's all on him now lol

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Verdun is a gent. Ok my Delphimuim Summer Night died but it wasn't Verd's fault. The other plants he recommended are thriving and I love them.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

Just realised that my previous post could be taken as suggesting that Singy had been PMing people to harass them.  That was not the intention.  Unfortunate use of 'you'.