Forum home Fruit & veg

Figs

2»

• IvyhouseIvyhouse Posts: 111

Interesting Verdun, thank you. You say to prune, presumably any time now, but won't I just be cutting off next year's fruits ?

• The idea of winter pruning is interesting Verdun - I've always been concerned at the bleeding after pruning - in this new garden we have a Brown Turkey in a pot on the terrace - it'll be fleeced for the winter soon, but I may lift the fleece around January time and prune then and see what happens image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• It's only little, but as  it lives on the terrace I'm growing it up against the fence, so all it needs is a little pruning to curb it's tendency towards three-dimensionality image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• It's in a square terracotta pot Verdun - and as it's small I packed the bottom and sides of the pot with big slabs of polystyrene so it's a snug fit in there  - think it'll be a two gardener job repotting it when it's needed image