Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

delightfull welcome home

After a sort break from the garden and my jobs to do around it was really nice to come home to Gardeners world magazine on my door step where did go somewhere near Selsey

Also while I was away more of my bulbs have started to show new growth ok they are only my Allium but it was a nice shock. I also thought my grass seed may have started signs of germination but sadly no however I did drop some a week or two ago in the garage as I was unsure if they would germinate as I've had 5kg's of the seeds in the garage for ooooooooooo about 6 years and to my delight they have started to grow on top of my newly planted bulb pots, must of got some in a open bag of compost LOL so I now have some weeding to do.

First day back and I’ve started to pull some of my flowers out of my summer pots so I shall be adding some mulch to the top of my Jasmine pots.

James

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Hi James

Amazing how long some seed lasts. I had a box of old loose seeds given to me. sowed the lot and all I got was radishes. A lot of radishes

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Hi James,

Sorry!  Not been following you for a while, due to a few problems, but promise

to do better now!  Hope you don't mind me using your thread to tell Nutcutlet

that I can't pm her for some reason - no matter what I do I can't type a message

to her, so I wonder if you can pm me Nutcutlet please, as last time you did

when this happened, it seemed to do the trick!  Thank you and thank you too James!  image image

Good morning James and ffb

Infiltrating your thread James, it's disgracefulimage

I'll PM you ffb

• not a problem ffb 

I like radish nucutlet.

on a nother note the work i've done to the lawn has given the weeds a new lease on life any pointers ???

James

If they're annual weeds mowing will sort them out James. Perennials would be worth spot killing early on. especially dandelions.

Unless you like a flowering lawn as I do and welcome all those pretty flowers.image

• Thank you nutcutlet I'm going out to spot kill some weeds before the rain comes we have a blue sky here in warwickshire.

James

Blue here as well but everything is flying around so I'm playing in the kitchen instead of the garden

• what you playing nut 

the wash board or the spoons lol

spoonsimage

• why has the compost germinated the grass seed quicker than the top soil I added to the top of my lawn ??

James