Camera Corner

My passion flower of 2012, it did not do well this year, I replaced it with something else a few weeks back. I do miss it,  image 

• little-ann wrote (see)

i love that david, water is facinating isnt it, im wondering if there is a camera club near me, i shall investigate further its good to keep learning

Pleased you liked the example, Ann. I think the milky effect of the water makes all the difference.

You would need to use a tripod though, as any camera movement would blur the whole picture....it's the water's movement plus a low shutter speed that gives that result.

In much the same way, you can have fun with windmills.

• That's impressive, ZombieGardener....what camera settings did you use?

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

..thank you for starting the thread...very nice too.... ^we all get rid of plants only to regret....I just dug out a Lavatera, popped into the wheelie bin for recycling and now I want it again...too late...

...my dog eyeing up his lunch...he wishes...

• Nice pic, Salino.....I take it he isn't a Jewish dog.

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

...lol....no, nor Muslim by the looks of things... Irish actually - healthy appetite..

• wow david what a brilliant thred now this more like it

got thiis took it at night

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,732

I'm no expert, rather point and shoot, but some flowers just look gorgeous close up like these gazanias.

And some look weird, like this ageratum.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • hi david, I used the camera on my phone for that pic, I just checked the properties on the photo. I thought it was a macro from my point and shoot. Are you in a camera club?

I like to take photos most days. I know how to turn the macro on and off, but totally lost with ISO setting and shutter speeds.image

lol Salino nice dog & piggy.

Great shots lizzie nice colours.