Camera Corner

• well it was a moment ago try again

• i have a lot to learn david i do hope you and the other photography buffs are going to give us some tips image please

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 7,985

Excellent thread David!  I dabbled with photographing fireworks in 2009 and the results can be quite surreal:

If that one posts properly, I'll post a few more, otherwise I'll edit and retry.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Love the bluebell wood David  and the butterfly

• I like those contrasting colours, ann.....really nice.

little-ann wrote (see)

i have a lot to learn david i do hope you and the other photography buffs are going to give us some tips image please

I'm no expert by any means, ann. In fact I've recently joined a camera and find that I know nothing really.

Modern digital cameras are quite complicated until you get the hang of them, although you can always play safe by using them in auto. Learning how to use aperture & shutter priorities and macro & super-macro settings broadens your scope.

An example is that if you are taking a picture of a waterfall say, if you use ‘auto’ the water will look just as you see it. But if you choose ‘shutter speed priority’ and choose a very slow shutter speed, the water will look milky white…… I will see if I can find an example.

• great idea david. Great photos already. I must have a look in my files. image

• This is an example pic for Ann:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/113263308_VjwF2cfb_MilkyWaterfall_zps59a7e6fa.jpg

I'll perhaps elaborate another time.

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,410

What a great thread - look forward to many more photos

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Thanks for the positive comments...I think it has the potential to bring pleasure to people, even if they don't participate

• i love that david, water is facinating isnt it, im wondering if there is a camera club near me, i shall investigate further its good to keep learning