Camera Corner

Hi, folks

Welcome to ‘Camera Corner’.

I know we already have our ‘Garden Gallery 2013’ thread and it’s great for sharing pictures of our gardens.

However, I (and others) feel there is room for a thread where we may share other stuff, so with this in mind I’m starting this one that will hopefully be more photography orientated.

Perhaps we could post pics of gardens & places we have visited, wildlife, macro (close-ups), sunrises & sunsets, patterns, landscapes……the list is endless.

I’ll start things off with this pic I took earlier in the year of my local bluebell wood:

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 12,040

If Land slugs were this pretty , i wouldn't mind them as much.

It's not a mess, it's a nature reserve.
  • Is that a sea slug, fidgetbones? He/she is very handsome.

• Thanks, folks......perhaps I should have said that the bluebell wood located at Barton-under-Needwood, not far from Burton-on-Trent.

Sea slugs. aka Nudibranches, due to gills being naked and waving around in the water instead of  being internal. They do a similar job to land slugs, clearing up detritus, and grazing on soft algae. They are hermaphrodite, so he/she.

Almost as bright as your snail, David k.image

• fidgetbones wrote (see)

Almost as bright as your snail, David k.image

Nah! I knitted that myself. image

• Wow! That's impressive, 2 Wheel Gardener..... just the sort of thing I had in mind for the thread.

• 2 Wheel Gardener wrote (see)

Thanks David, photography is a bit of a hobby for me.

That's good news. image

It's been a good summer for butterflies:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c186/DavidKnapper/butterfly-buddleia_2317857b_zpsd46094d4.jpg

• little-annlittle-ann Posts: 879

this isnt the picture i wantd to post but for some strange reason the two that i have tried just say they cant be uploaded through this proxy i have no idea what that means so this is an actinidia