Forum home Talkback

Gardening quiz

Hello, I am in the middle of producing a quiz on all matters gardening to run at the next meeting of our local Horticultural society. It needs to be a bit challenging, without being too daunting for beginners, informative and , of course, fun. Has anyone done this before who could give a few pointers? Has anyone any good questions to suggest? And, perhaps more difficult, how can we bring humour to our quiz?

All ideas and contributions will be willingly considered, and thank you in advance for yuor help.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 3,201

Will PM you with a Flower quiz which proved very popular with our gardening group.

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

If you google "Gardening Quizzes "" WW you will get quite a few ideas for questions.

• Thanks to both of you. I have followed your advice and now have some good stuff.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Here's one:  What have the following got in common?  A London bus, a football pitch, The Isle of Wight, Wales and France?

A london bus is RED

a football pitch is GREEN

The Isle of Wight is WHITE

The three make up trhe colours of the Italian flag

Italy play Wales and France in the Six Nations image

• Stuck on that one Welshonion.

I sometimes compiled quizzes for the local pub. (Not gardening questions) the first page was a picture quiz. I cut pictures out of magazines etc. and stuck them on a sheet of paper then photo copied as many sheets as needed for the quiz. Perhaps you could do the same with with pictures of plants Woody.

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114

Sorry Gilly, it's much simpler than that!

Oh dear ,I thought I had solved it.image

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,744

Give up !  ..........

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.