Does anyone know what this is?

I was given this little plant by the mother of a good friend of mine who informed me it was a Rhododendron, it was such a small plant I have paid little attention to it this year until now, it is starting to flower and all is not as it seems! Could anyone help me with a name for this pretty little thing? Many thanks Sara

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,255

Might bea skimmia but I don't know them well enough to be certain

• Thanks so much Nut and Verdun, I love bee magnets! I am off to read up on them! I do get over excited about these things image

That's good. I can't grow them but some I used to garden for had skimmias. It looks as though it's got that yellow tinge that puts me off growing skimmias in my soil.

• it is currently in a pot having been removed from my friends mother's garden when she sold her house. It is going to be lovingly transplanted this weekend, so hopefully it will perk up a little.

• I have a south facing resonably sheltered  small/medium garden in south London and manage to grow things my friends are unable, although no expert my soil seems pretty good and I compost almost everything I can and produce a wonderful earthy compost that gets mixed in to my well draining soil.

sounds good sara. Much too limey here

• GardenmaidenGardenmaiden Posts: 1,095

I've got that in my front garden. It has tiny white flowers and red berries for xmas.

• I am putting into my front garden as there is more shade, i now need to go and find a Rhododendron!