Disillusioned

DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,636

At this time of the year we may reflect on the hopes and dreams we had in the spring when, having read the blurb in the catalogues and seen the pictures on the seed packets, we wonder if it's our fault that we've not attained perfection.

Like lemmings we all rush to the garden centre to try again, blinkered to reality ....

We are not alone 

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1346&dat=19810602&id=3Y8sAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MPsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3122,243834 

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !

• SingySingy Posts: 206

Intersting article, it was written a week before my birth

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,727

Well you're right of course Dove. I'm afraid I might have to be a lemming like so many of us. I'm not completely disillusioned though - I hope to at least get more planting done next year and with everyone here to help me how can I fail? image

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 7,196

And when it does work, its such a buzz. Every time I have walked past my rudbeckias this year I puff my chest up with pride !

The Stone Age didn’t end because they ran out of stones ......
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 43,636

The help and encouragement on this friendly forum is great isn't it - really supportive.image  

No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
  • punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 5,204

Perfection is so boring. Its the things that dont grow well which make us appreciate the things that do so much more. If the garden was perfect would there be any point in continuing to do it

I've seen the needle and the damage done
    A little part of it in everyone
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 19,727

I'm hoping to get some seeds to try that I've not done before - Cannas perhaps -  so will be asking lots of questions too. Hope no one thinks they're stupid.  I'll need help with them! image

Verdun -I'd like some of those plants. Can you send me a catalogue?

• Just look at out pics on garden gallery and other threads to see how successful we have been image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 24,231

Lovely article Dove, even though I had to get off my backside and put the PC on to see it.