Gardeners World

1235»

• LowennaLowenna Posts: 88

Good programme last night image

• DaisybirdDaisybird Posts: 12
    Im very fortunate to make my living as a gardener. Ive been a long time fan of GW, since the early Geoff Hamilton days, and each presenter of GW does so in their own inimitable style. I adored Alan Titchmarsh for his sense of gentle humour and interesting jumpers! However, I couldnt take to Toby Buckland, though I cant explain why? Poor man - he just seemed to grate on my nerves. I was thrilled to see Monty is back, such a calm manner, providing the perfect foil for the other GW regulars. I enjoy gardening programmes generally but I love my books too...a great source of inspiration through a miserable wintertime.
  • backyardeebackyardee Posts: 132

I too am a gardener, albeit retired now. But I still garden on my own plot. I have loved GW since way back during Percy's days days and it took a while for me to accept Monty on his own plot. but I don't mind him at all now. BUT WILL SOMEONE GET RID OF THAT AWFUL PATRONISING RDT. if she's reading off an auto q, it sounds like it has been taken straight out of a book and the way she patronises people, makes me want to hang her out to feed the birds, the carrion sort. I went right off her when she wore that awful rose outfit with matching shoes at Chelsea and just kept going on about breast feeding the new arrival. 

• Mollycat2Mollycat2 Posts: 14
    I'm a novice gardener and look forward to my GW 30 mins treat every Friday night. I feel really reassured by the ' jobs to do this weekend' and love Montys style. Nigel is a star and I agree with a previous response re a personal blog for him! image