Anyone Keep A Garden Page on the Internet?

Hello all gardeners, just wondering if anyone here has their own garden page on the internet and am keen for suggestions on how to develop one. At present I just have a facebook page and I upload pictures and information on whatever is in bloom or whatever project I'm trying to undertake.

Does anyone else have a page and is there a better way of maintaining one than on Facebook where the items only remain current for a short time before going into the history books?

The name of my page is the same as my user name here if anyone wishes to take a look at what I have been up to or whats been in bloom in my garden. image 

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

I kept a gardening and picture site on line for several years - mygardenpictures.co.uk - but have now ceased doing it.  At the time it was a good way of sharing my garden with friends and relatives, but the needs for that hae changed and so I have not kept it up for the last couple of years.  When the domain name or server contract comes up I shall let it lapse.  It gave great pleasure for a few years, but has now outlived its purpose.

It was fun to do, I still have all the pictures and so on - go for it, just don't expect it to be needful for ever.  Enjoy, we had alot of fun with it, and many people semed to enjoy it. 

• I had a blog running for a while telling the story of my allotment garden and chooks to be honest though it is easy to let the desire to have a successful blog drive what you do rather then than just tell your story. It also can take up so much time you get nothing done to write about .  It all got a bit too much so I packed it in.

Just my experience it can work fine if you keep everything balanced.

UW

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,892

Have you tried using a free blog provider such as Wordpress.com?