Forum home Talkback

Garden fleece

2»

• As an absolute beginner and possibly an incompetent I too enjoyed these responses. Fleece is now wrapped but I realise I need to find some large stones to secure it. As we head for what promises or rather threatens to be the coldest night of the year I had better get my skates on.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

Many layers for the plants, and for us, if the forecast is correct.  The weather people do seem to be a bit more accurate nowadays but we all know you can move a mile or two and it's completely different.  Better safe than sorryimage

• I can't remember were I read it but stones or bricks will tear you fleece but empty milk containers filled with water or sand will hold it down without damage, I havnt tried it yet but am collecting bottles ready to cover newly planted stuff later

• I am trying on our lillies this year . They were devastated by the late frost this year . I am not taking chances . Even if s fee fronds get squashed a bit it’s the saving of the plant. Gone for individual coverings and a layering of the very big one. The garden does look strange though 

• IamweedyIamweedy Cheshire East. Posts: 1,364

This is where this forum is so useful. Lots of experience around  and this sort of information and advice about using fleece is really helpful.

'You must have some bread with it me duck!'