Forum home The potting shed

Welcome to the potting shed

• PatsyDPatsyD Posts: 35

I've started a gardening blog - http://patsysplot.blogspot.co.uk/

(I hope it's OK to mention it here - if not please remove this post as I don't want break any rules or upset anyone)

• little-annlittle-ann Posts: 878

well i will follow your blog

• reiverreiver Posts: 32

OK by me, but I'm a newbie and don,t know the rules.

Off to check your blog( I need all the advice I can get)

• PatsyDPatsyD Posts: 35

Thanks both of you! 

• markhmarkh Posts: 4

Hi people,

Just a quick post to introduce myself, this seems the place to do it.

I'm Mark, I've just moved house with my wife and two girls, and now have a garden with the possibility to do something with. It has been a bit neglected, and we are complete newbs, but are really looking forward to learning how to get something out of our garden. Would like to have an all purpose garden the kids can use to play, we can use to relax, and would really love to grow some of our own food.

Hopefuly, we'll get lots of good advice on here and we won't annoy you too much with inane questions and you will all keep me right when I'm posting to the forums.

Looking forward to getting to know you on the forums.

Mark.

• nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,091

Hi Mark, welcome

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,820

Good morning and welcome Markh image

Don't worry about asking inane questions - we like showing off image image  so just ask away - after all, if you don't get the basics right the rest isn't going to work is it?  

Looking forward to hearing all about your garden - and don't worry about posting, it's quite simple - or it usually is, the board has been playing up a bit lately, but if in doubt hit the F5 button, or Refresh or whatever - I'm sure the techies will sort it out soon.

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi Mark welcome, I'm new on the forums myself, only been around a couple of weeks, these forums and fun & friendly I'm sure you will get all the help and advice you need. Don't worry about posting what you might think maybe inane questions, At least you're trying to learn something new.

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 28,335

Hi Mark. As Dove says the site's giving a few probs just now but stick with it! There's lots of great people here with loads of experience and knowledge to help with any of your queries. I've learned loads already. The Morning and Evening forkers threads are good for catching up with what everyone's doing, or just a little bit of chat, and if you need plants identified you can put some pix on a separate thread and you'll be virtually guaranteed a reply!

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....