Welcome to the potting shed

1161718192022»

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,354

I have some flowering, some showing white and some peeping through.  They get a daily inspection (by torchlight on weekdaysimage) and they really lift my spirits.

However, I agree that they are performing to their usual timetable (unlike the daffodils and irises which ate a couple of months early).  Someone said they actually need a bit of cold to get them going, so hopefully last week's freeze will have done the trickimage

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • LizyannLizyann Posts: 35

There are some fully out and have been for a day or two in our church yard here in N Warwickshire. I have one or two crocus and primroses out in my garden so it should not be long before spring now I hope.

• Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,899
    All the spring bulbs coming up nicely, mostly in pots, done the washing really should get out there and do some tidying up, difficult to know where to start, still very well, was cold first thing, 1.9d frozen dew on the grass, lovelly now 12d.
  • Just popping in to say Hello.  'Mummy' to 3 hens and 4 cat s, hence the name.  The Ladies are ex battery girls and very cheeky, they have discovered the kitchen door!  The cats are all rescue ones too.  We have a large, steep back garden, facing the North.  At least I get 10 minutes warning to get the washing in before the weather arrives from Dartmoor😊