Welcome to the potting shed

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

On books, John Seymour's Self Sufficiency is brilliant.  Don't know if it's in print though.

• Thanks for the welcome. Big move in should be Tues, going to try and do more in the garden over the next few days while still have work going on inside. Never knew how excited I was going to get to have a garden (or compost heap) until this week!!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,327

Welcome and good luck  with the move TC image

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lily PillyLily Pilly Central southern Scotland Posts: 3,845

There is no greater gift than a space to cultivate and grow. You will have so much pleasure from it. Good luck!

Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
    A A Milne
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 12,608

Hello all new forkers, welcome to the madhouse image

Everybody is very friendly and there is always great tips and advice image

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452
    Hello, I've just joined and thought I should pop in here and say hello. Don't want to be rude and chip in on other threads later without introducing myself first.

I've just retired from teaching and changed my life from no money, no energy and no time to a reasonable amount of all three. We have also moved into a new area with a new house and a neglected garden, over grown with bindweed and unpruned shrubs. The sun has been shining since we got here so I've been outside taming the garden and discovering what is in there. It's now twice the size it was as I have done some serious pruning on the shrubs and taken out 3 ugly Leylandii type conifers. There is so much light coming in now that I have great hopes for the garden's future.

I used to enjoy gardening many years ago but for the last 20 years I have had neither time nor energy to deal with our previous large garden. Now, in the last few months my gardening addiction is back with a vengeance and I'm obsessed with gardening magazines, programmes, catalogues, websites and anything else I can lay my hands on.

I hope I will be able to contribute answers on here eventually as well as asking questions but at the moment I have no great expertise (except in pruning overgrown shrubs and unwinding bindweed! )

Enough for now image
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,327

Welcome Daryl image  Looking forward to hearing more about your gardening adventures .........

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

Thank you. It's busy here, isn't it?! The number of new posts is amazing! If you tried to read them all you'd never have time for any gardening! image
  • Hi Daryl, welcome, pleased to meet you image

Quick question. Is there a way to follow a thread without necessarily adding a post to it? There are a few threads that I am interested in reading but I don't want to post on.