In the Daily mail today Strathclyde university have said that 5 people since august have contracted Legionaires desease through handling bought compost and one person has died from it.
all these bugs are everywhere in the environment. To be on the safe side I think I'll stop breathing so they can't get in that way. Then perhaps I'd better give up eating, I have heard illness can be caused by foods. And definitely no showers, legionella might be in the showerhead.
Oh, and I'd better not grow anything in case it's poisonous.
Or touch a caterpillar, and maybe the bats in the roof are carrying rabies.
Oh, someone help me here please, It's all out of control
Free surgical mask with every bag of compost.......
I know someone who refused the offer of a free second hand washing machine (when they really needed one and had no money to buy one) because he'd heard they might harbour Legionella
They might. All you have to do is a hot wash with no clothes in and a cup of bleach.
Precisely - but he didn't want to take the risk - would rather social services provided him with a new one - we didn't
the mail love to whip up a bit of hysteria... i'm surprised the compost does not also contain hordes of east europeans and is wearing a naquib.
You mean it doesn't?
And don't forget the Spanish slugs which will cause cars to skid on their slime.!
When we were fighting the construction of a hugmumgous Chicken producing unit, we had the 'compost ie Chicken s........er grit from another place tested. It contained all sorts of really harmful bacteria from Legionaires to Salmonela via Listeria and others whose names now escape me. We were told that when they dumped the s.......grit to compost down in the fields around us, that we should not eat anything from our garden unless it was cooked. That is the stuff they turn into Chicken pellet fertiliser.
Does no one wash their hands any more?
Laughing so hard at all of you Well done to all common sense campaigners - we're a dying breed!
I've heard that reading the Daily Mail can cause all sorts of problems.....
in particular - it makes you bonkers
My daughter's at Strathclyde- perhaps I should get her to wear a mask when she's in the house....just to be on the safe side.