Forum home Garden design

Welcome to the garden design forum

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,587

Hi Oldtimer. As the others have said - if you can get some pix on here it will help with some suggestions. Start a new thread with a suitable title like 'looking for ideas for front garden' or something similar, add a bit of extra info with the type of soil,  colours you prefer, aspect and so on, and then you'll get loads of ideas image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• NapoNapo Posts: 12

Hi Daniel, Have you any idea's for a plot of land in the middle of the mediterranean?Have just bought a rather large plot with olives and vines. They are manageable but I will need a lot of help with types of vegetables and fruit to grow. Maybe a suggested plan of action wouldn't come amiss, as it will be a retirement project so am looking forward to any suggestions...I mean any regards Napo

• Yeah !!!!!!

Take me with you. imageimage

• I have just had my garden done with artificial grass and a border at the top of the garden with shrubs in  also side borders with roses  it looks so tidy now  also a fish pond as before i had a shed a greenhouse and lots of tubs on the patio which was untidy

• Napo..........easiest and best solution is to look around and check with your neighbouring properties.....in that situation, they will only be growing stuff which does well.  What works here in the UK will not often be feasible in your environment.  You will get lots of advice ( too much probably ! ) but better that than relying  totally on gardeners in the UK........Horses for Courses, etc.image

• TimKirkTimKirk Posts: 1

Hi,

Where are the border design ideas from Gardeners world magazine on the Gardeners world website ?

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 62,352

Hi Tim, the magazine and the website run 'in tandem' but they do not necessarily contain the same articles/information.

This may be of interest http://www.gardenersworld.com/no-fuss-guides/

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hello,

I have a south west facing garden in a coastal area of south Wales.  Pretty exposed too.  I love Kniphofia (particularly red hot poker) but am looking for suggestions for complimentary plants - preferably evergreen to add to the 'Tropical' feel of the garden.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Kind regards

Karen

• I've got a "hot border" and have Kniphofia in that.   To compliment I have:

great burnett

penstemon

lupins

potentilla

astilbe

heleniums

monarda

achillea

persicaria

knautia

sedum

primula vialli

and lots more besides.   We're also very exposed and get some serious snow in winter so it's got to be pretty tough to survive